Friday, February 20, 2009
La Alpujarra
Hey everyone!! Sorry the posts are coming slower now...School is taking a lot more energy than I expected because I ended up taking 5 classes so I will be coming home with 18 credit hours!! The overachiever in me couldn't resist taking advantage of the lower tuition and more liberal class settings :) I also am pleased to announce that I have an intercambio!!! (which means I meet with a Spanish speaker and we practice our Spanish and English with each other) And she is soo fun, and I have been spending quite a bit of time with her. Also, this week I have been fighting a nasty cold...Katie went to Ireland with only hoodies (and it was snowing!) and she got me sick :( but I am feeling better today. I ended up having my second pharmacy disaster this week - the cold medicine I bought is prescription strength and it makes me very drowsy and what not - and apparently I am allergic to something in it - so my face is itchy and red like it gets when I wear makeuppp!!! Haha i am seriously having no luck with European pharmacies. But on to happier things - I went to La Alpujarra last weekend and it was amazing!!! It is a district of granada in the mountains right next to the Sierra Nevada. We traveled through the three white villages Pampaneira, Bubion and Capileira, and we ate lunch at a traditional Alpujarran restaurant in the last village. I ordered a vegetarian plate because every dish had ham in it....apparently they are famous for their ham - whoo hoo! ;) It was really beautiful and interesting to learn about the history on the way there. I guess a lot of famous people have houses here because it is so private and secluded. (Like U2 and Steven Spielberg - P.S. some Indiana Jones scenes were filmed up there bc Steven loves it so much!) We did a little bit of hiking but nothing compared to the mountain hike I did in January. It was very fun and relaxing and beautiful. Take a look at the pictures and see for yourself!! Miss you all dearly! <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so glad you are feeling better now. You are a terrific writer--you make me laugh! You should write a book one day--I would buy it!!!:)
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Mom Nagle