Sunday, March 15, 2009

Alhama with Pilar!

Hey! Ok so I know I have been majorly slacking so lo siento mucho, but I just got home from Alhama today and oh my gosh it was amazing!! But first let me catch up with you guys ;) Ryan is coming in 5 days, and I have to get a lottt of work done before hand so that I will be prepared for midterms! :/ Me and the girls have been spending a lot of time at the park and just walking around Granada because the weather has been amazing!! Last weekend, I went to the beach in Malaga and it was absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics because my camera was dead, but I will work on getting some from Heather. This weekend I went with Pilar to Alhama which is her pueblo 1 hour from the center of Granada. Five of us stayed in her cottage last night which was absolutely gorgeous! She grew up in Alhama and her parents have land 5 minutes from her house in the center of town where they go on the weekends and during the summer. They have tons of olive trees and chickens!!! (which means really really fresh eggs!) And the house is absolutely gorgeous. Outside is all hills and olive and almond trees. The drive there is down a dirt path with little stone walls surrounding the masses of beautiful almond trees. (I felt like I was dreaming) They have gardens with EVERYTHING growing literally - every fruit and vegetable ever. When we got there, we walked around the town a little, met her parents (SOOO NICE!! =)), toured the cottage, and played Party - haha thats a Spanish board game that mixes pictionary, sharades, and trivia. Then we watched some Friends in Spanish and they made this salad with oranges, tuna, green olives, onion, eggs and olive oil which was really really good and Pilar's dad made us a Spanish tortilla with asparagus. We started watching Babel (the movie with Brad Pitt) in Spanish, but stopped half way through to go swimming in the banos. OK people this was absolutely amazing! The river in Alhama passes through a volcano or something like that so the water in the river is hot! So we went to this 100% natural river at 1:30 in the morning and chilled in a natural hottub for 2 hours! There were TONS of people all along the river - it was so cool. Then we came home and finished the movie. In the morning (or afternoon I should say haha) we went for a little hike through the valley of Alhama. It was absolutely beautiful. You have to check out the pics even though they could not capture how beautiful it was. Then we got some tapas in town and went back to the cottage to eat paella which was super good! =) I feel so lucky that I met Pilar because she is sooo sweet and her friends are all great and this was such an amazing experience!

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are beautiful and so is Pilar--is she coming to the U.S. ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowwwww finally i am a follower..... it wasn´t easy for me.
    Ohhh thanks Mom, you are so kind... yes yes i´ll go to the U.S. this summer, I don´t know when but I´ll go to Chicago for sure =) I love Ashley, she is... i don´t know a word to describe this girl, she´s wonderful... and I met Ryan he is so nice... I´m very happy because i met them.

    ReplyDelete