Monday, May 18, 2009

London

HEY! So I went to London May 8 - 10. I was so sad to be missing Ryan's graduation and birthday!! It was such a great trip though - I went with Pilar, Ange and Susana (all Spanish girls) so being in London was crazyy! They were going, going, going all the time in Spanish way to fast for me to get it all, and I was their translator. Pilar is so good at English, but obviously when you are with Spanish speakers it's much easier to speak your native language. At times it was crazy because of the language thing and because the Spanish are ALWAYS LATE! And I was always ready to go and waiting on them to do their makeup (thanks guys im allergic) and change a million times and everything and I THOUGHT I WAS BAD! lol Being with 3 Spaniards was a lot different than when it is just Pilar and I. I love them all, but I'm just saying it made a lot of cultural things a lot more apparent. There was a bar in the hostel (it was hugeee!!) and so the first night we got there late and had a drink in the bar before it closed. In the morning we went on the free tour that the hostel offered (we chose Spanish lol) so I didn't really get the full effects of the jokes and everything because I was tired and sometimes it's hard to listen to all that historical stuff in English....so meanwhile I was taking all these amazing pictures =) After the tour (we saw Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, the London Eye, etc.) we went to this great place for lunch that the guide suggested and I had fish and chips of course which I really really loved. Then we went on a boat cruise along the Thames River which was awesome because it took us past a bunch of stuff we had yet to see and we ended at the London Bridge and the Tower of London which was really really cool. By the time we got back to our hostel, it was 8:00 PM and the bar crawl with the hostel started at 7:30. Then everyone changed and everything and we somehow caught up with them around 9:00. It was a pretty good time, but we were all EXHAUSTED and could barely stand up haha - so we went home around 1:00 AM. The next day we headed to Camden town which is this cute little shopping center with a bunch of little shops. We walked along Oxford St. for a while which is the famous shopping street in London and bought some souvenirs. By the time we were finished, it was time to head back to the hostel to get our stuff and head to the airport! I really liked London, and I'm really glad I got to get a little taste of it. I definitely want to go back because it is such a big city and there was definitely a lot more to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment