Monday, January 5, 2009
I made it to Madrid!
So I'm here in Madrid, and it is beautiful! Today is basically Christmas Eve here and the streets and stores are packed! The plane was an experience. I found it really hard to sleep so last night was really the first night I have slept in days. We got here and went to find somewhere to eat and we ended up getting pizza from this small shop which was nothing like the pizza at home so good thing i got Beggars in before I left! I am having a hard time with the food. Almost everything they serve at the hotel has ham on it. But I did eat a piece of pizza with tuna and pepper on it today! Everything is so different! Katie blew a fuse in our room the first night with her blowdryer. It is harder to understand people than I thought and when we speak to them, even in Spanish, it is hard for them to understand us. I love Madrid but I am excited to get settled in Granada where it won't be so busy. There are a lot of super nice girls in the program. I bought a phone and I can recieve calls and texts for free! So if you have a phone card or free international long distance or something you can call me. The number you have to dial from the U.S. is 011 -34 - 633123820 I miss you all so much! We are about to leave to go to a huge parade through the middle of the city so I will tell you more later. <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment