Monday, May 4, 2009

Marbella y Dia de las Cruces!

Hey hey hey! So another great weekend has passed, and I can't believe I only have two left in Spain!! I am full of emotions right now - happy and sad at the same time!! It's madness!

Thursday night we went out to Mae West (my favorite discoteca that I am going to miss!!), and Friday afternoon Pilar and I left for Marbella. It was about a 2 hour drive, and before heading to her aunt's house, we went to Puerto Banus which was full of veryyyy rich tourists!! (Jimmy Choo, pink hummers - you know the works) and we walked around and took some cute pics =) We got to her aunt and uncle's house and oh my goodness!!! It was the most adorable place with her paintings decorating the walls (of mostly flowers =)), very modern appliances (a capucchino machine!!), and two of the nicest people I have met while I have been here!! They made us dinner - I TRIED RIBS! and showed us our cute room lined with BOOKS!! Pilar's aunt teaches high school Spanish so it was awesome to talk to her about studying language. We watched TV, played Spanish and English vocab games on Nintendo DS, and Pilar and I watched a movie before going to bed. On Saturday, Pilar and I went to a beautiful beach. It was really windy, but nevertheless packed with people!! Afterwards, we drove to La CaƱada which was this hugeee shopping mall and walked around and ate a late lunch at an "American pizza" place (haha it was pretty good but not Beggar's) Then we headed back home and relaxed and had amazing lasagna for dinner made with bechamel which is this white sauce that I LOVE instead of red sauce. It was really late by the time we were finished so after watching TV for a little while, we went to bed. In the morning we had coffee of course and headed back to Granada for Dia de las Cruces!! This was soo fun! We took a bus into the Albaicin and met Ange and a bunch of Pilar's friends. We ordered food and drinks and talked at these outdoor parties that were stationed around crosses made entirely out of flowers!! I am going to research the celebration more actually because I have to write a paper on a festival and this was really interesting. I went home around 8 to get ready for classes Monday. Today is Cinco de Mayo so I'm going out with Americans for Mexican food =)

1 comment:

  1. Ashley--I so enjoy your blog--will miss reading it,but will be happy to have you HOME!

    ReplyDelete