Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Homesick :(
So I am feeling pretty homesick. I got an email today saying that night classes were cancelled at ISU because of the bad weather and everyone keeps complaining about the cold there! It is supposed to be in the 40s and 50s the rest of this week here, but inside the house its about the same temperature. I sleep in hoodies and I am sooo glad I brought slippers. Taking showers is painful!! My senora did my laundry this week and folded all of my clothes when it was still damp - so I was even colder when I got dressed!! My express jeans don't fit anymore either because they were hung dry so they are huge! Everything is so different. I yearn for all the little things I take for granted (like dryers and heat and water and calling someone on my cell to meet me downstairs). School is a little bit frustrating too because things are taught so differently here because the language is so different. Class is very interactive though, and I like that there are only 9 people so we feel comfortable talking freely in Spanish. I am also already understanding people better because I am more used to the dialect (kind of! lol) The food is still realllly good, except for the fact that my taste buds just really don't like seafood, and they eat it a lot. I tried ham the other day on a toasted bagel with cheese when I went for tapas. I couldn't really taste it at all though so I wouldn't say I like it now! haha Today we had something similar to lasagna for lunch though and it was wonderful. I watched an entire 90 minute futbol (soccer) game today, and I am going to try and get tickets to a game for me and ryan when he comes! People go crazy over it here. I encountered my first credit card problems. After I paid my rent, my account was frozen because they wanted to make sure it was me. This was last week and they just now got back to me to tell me, so my card got declined twice since then and it was very embarrasing! 3 of us booked our flight to Italy today! We are flying into Milan on the 31st, stopping in Venice and Florence as we make our way down to Rome, and flying back to Granada on Feb. 10. The flight roundtrip costed us 90 euro which is about $120 which is a pretty good price. I am excited about everything but still missing everyone and everything at home. I hope everyone is doing well! When you feel fed up with the cold weather, just be thankful you have a house to stay warm in! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ash guess who lol. It sucks that it's cold there too. I hoped that at least u were warm. We had a snowday thursday and today which usually would have me jumping for joy but it's too cold to go outside at all. Tori was bending down to get sumthing off of my bed and her head hit the frame so it fell. It was't that broken but then today one of my friend's stepped on it : ( U cant possibly be missing us as much as we miss u. Have fun in Italy and take pictures in Rome for the scrapbook! Ily be safe
ReplyDelete~*~*~*~*~*Kara
Hey Ash! Sorry to hear about your credit card problem. I hope it is alright now. It is unbelievably cold here, we are in the negatives, your so lucky to be in the 50's. Don't they have heaters out there? lol I miss hearing your voice on the phone. I'm gonna get a calling card so I can talk to you like I did when you were at school. We are all doing fine here and we miss you too. The pictures are great! Luv you, Mom
ReplyDelete