Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Madrid 2
I'm finally getting adjusted to the time change. Yesterday we tried to eat dinner at 7:00 PM and we were the only ones in the cafe eating dinner!! We had to get up to let them set the table because people don't eat dinner until 9 or 10 at night. Most restaurants don't even open until then, but people were drinking coffee and eating three kings bread in this particular cafe. The crowd around the parade was so crowded that we decided to watch it on TV in the cafe. I ordered chicken wings and potatoes (I wasn't really sure what I was ordering bc the menu was in Spanish, but I saw pollo (chicken) and that sold me) Today we ate at the restaurant in the hotel and it was amazinggg! I bartered with a vendor on the street yesterday and bought a purse for 10 euro instead of 15. We also went out to a few discotecas and bars last night. We went out at 12:15 and we were the first ones there! I didn't go to sleep until 6:00 AM so even though I woke up today at 3:00 in the afternoon, I still only got 9 hours of sleep. I am going to bed early tonight because I meet my host mom tomorrow! We are taking a train there at 9:00 AM and it is 5 hours long. I am excited to unpack and get settled. I will let you know how it all goes! Cross your fingers that there's not a pig with an apple in its mouth waiting for me when I get there! haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ashley you are so perfect i love you and i know everyone wishes they were with you i love reading your blog :)
ReplyDeleteoh but fix ur time on the blog it's messed up
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are finally finding something edible for you to eat. The time change takes a while to get used to according to my boss. When he went to Italy two years ago he said it took them about a week in a half to get used to the time change. After that it was smooth sailing. Hope everything goes well for you girls tommorrow. Enjoy the train ride & I'm sure your host mom & family will be very nice. Let me know how it all goes. Have Fun, Be Safe, Enjoy the experience. Luv ya lots!
ReplyDeleteHey Ash this is dad, there won't be any pigs there, but there will be a fish with it's eyes looking at you. Just kidding everything will be fine.
ReplyDeleteLove Dad
hey ash! its kara! have fun and take TONS of photos. i told mrs daley ur there and she was so excited we wasted like the whole class talking about u lol have fun
ReplyDelete